VOX- Voice operated Relay with mods.

I'm starting to develop a VOX circuit to solve the following problem. Wife got new smart phone after flip phone went in water. We're on a boat. Wife's phone is inside now, she's outside working, can't hear the phone ring. Won't take the phone outside, I think she thinks she paid $0.01 for the flip phone and $200 for the smart phone and won't take a chance with it. So I want to build a VOX, it will hear the phone ring and turn on an oscillator to drive an already outdoor speaker. Two tone would be nice. So mic amp, This looks good, >

Can someone tell me what the LS input is? Define LS. It might be useful because where the phone is will probably have the TV audio playing. (I think that starts another project TV audio to that input) I can probably get around that by good placement. So the phone ring triggers the mic amp and the detector then triggers the 556 two tone oscillator.

Any thought, simplification? I can probably just use the first part of the VOX circuit.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

BC109 that's an old one! still available from central though :) or substitute BC547, 2N3904, BC847 etc.

meh, leave the microphone off to avoid false triggering :) GSM phones emit lots of hash when they ring (or receive a text message)

Loudspeaker level signal that "kills sensitivity" to avoid false triggering when used on a transceiver.

--
     ?
Reply to

Ya, I'd use what's in my junk box.

My try that, I know my cellphone sure messes with my fm radio when I have them both.

Reply to
amdx