Using RF to monitor location (cat)

I'd like find out where my cat is when he is prowling around the neighborhood.

My plan is to attach an RF transmitter on his collar and use a home computer & google earth to plot his movements.

What parts do I need and any suggestions are welcome as are pointers to similar projects. I can't spend too much money so gps is too costly. Accuracy can be +-3 meters.

I am thinking along the lines that maybe I can't cut down in size an Arduino or Raspberry for his collar. I probably need a few boards with rf receivers attached outside to select fixed poles to triangulate his position

Reply to
Test

"Test"

** You for real ??

Devices that use GPS and can send their location to your phone are cheap as chips.

Check out Ebay.

Your mad idea will never work.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

GPS modules are like $40 from sparkfun, and that saves you the cost of two poles two revceivers and two antennas.

--
For a good time: install ntp

Jasen Betts

Only just seen this thread. You might find this of interest:

Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Layman