Using my laptop as a cheap oscilloscope using Visual Analyzer 2009 tia sal2

Greets All

I plan on Using my laptop as a cheap oscilloscope using Visual Analyzer 2009 does anyone know the amount of current that the mic in port of a laptop can handle (don't want to blow the mic in port) I'll only be measure in the audio range but will be coupling the ac signal with a DC signal. Using this circuit

I want to see what the signal looks like that comes out of the laser communicator.

Aloha tia sal2

Reply to
ratulloch

600 mv pk. I would use a couple of 1n914 diodes in parallel back to front to protect the computer on the computer side of the transformer.

Good day.

Reply to
Jamie