unused analog switch sections

Hello, All! I am trying to design a PI metal detector. I need some advice on what to do with unused I/O pins on a quad analog switch. I need to use two sections of DG411. Now, I know that I could parallel 2X2 gates to use all four sections, but for the sake simplifying the PCB layout I would prefer not.

My question is: would it be OK to tie unused "D" pins together and unused "S" pins together - and then ground "D" or "S" through a 10k resistor, or is there a better way of dealing with this?

I would appreciate any advice.

With best regards, Brett Holden. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@bellsoh.net Forgot the t in south

Reply to
Brett Holden

Hello, Brett! You wrote to All on Thu, 6 Mar 2008 04:01:04 -0500:

BH> My question is: would it be OK to tie unused "D" pins together and BH> unused "S" pins together - and then ground "D" or "S" through a 10k BH> resistor, or is there a better way of dealing with this?

BH> I would appreciate any advice.

Hmmm, come to think of it, what is the best thing to do with the "IN" pins? Can I tie them directly together then ground through a 10k resistor?

Thanks again.

With best regards, Brett Holden. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@bellsoh.net

Reply to
Brett Holden

You only need to be concerned with the control pins. Leave the ins and outs unconnected and tie the controls either high or low. That will stop them from possibly toggling madly at high rates and increasing power dissipation.

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v3.50 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, FREE Signal Generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta