Trigger -> RF -> Bluetooth

Hello!

I am trying to build drum triggers using Piezo sensors.

I would like to do it wirelessly, would it be possible to do the following:

Connect the Piezo sensor to a RF transmister which would send the signals to a bluetooth reciever, which would then potential be picked up by an iPod.

Thanks,

Corey Pollock

cpollo01

I don't know your goal but in my limited experience with remote actuated music I have found latency to be a big problem. Musicians need very fast feedback (by human standards). Milliseconds need to be watched carefully.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

But surely the issue is getting a signal to the iPod. There can't be many ways that are approved by Apple. If it wsa the old days, I'd tell him to use one of the control lines on a serial port, or use the parallel port, but it doesn't have either. If it has USB, then something that hooks there (I once suggested to someone who needed to interface to an early Mac that they use the mouse), but then is the software arranged so one can easily do that? If there's a Big Connector like on the iPod, there might be something there, but I gather that's not really documented.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

cpollo01 laid this down on his screen :

Ever try talking on a phone that echos your voice? You will hear the stick hit the piezo and then hear the final output later and get very confused. You will need to play before the other music. Back to the future all over again.

--
Present and unaccounted for.
Reply to