Transistor part number suffixes--215? 235? Whazzat?

So I bought a reel each of BF862-235 and BF862-215. Other parts seem to have the same suffixes, but a quick web search comes up with nothing useful, and the datasheet links for the two types of parts go straight to the same place.

I'd guess this has something to do with ROHS/halogen free/greenie-knotted-knickers-of-the-month, but don't know for sure.

Wisdom?

Thanks

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

No idea... octoparts shows no US stock for the -235 only in Europe. (you probably aren't supposed to have those "greenie" parts. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Tom Biasi

Thanks, that's the page I bought them from. I don't see anything about what the 215 or 235 means, though.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Tom Biasi

ah, it appears to be reel diameter in mm.

Jasen Betts

On the Mouser site, I see the Continuous drain current is different, the

235 is 25ma the 215 is 40ma. However look it over, the description column has 25ma for the 235 and 10ma for the 215. I'll let you figure it out from there. Good luck!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Ah, okay, reel size. Thanks.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Are you sure? As I said above, >On the Mouser site, I see the Continuous drain current is different, >the 235 is 25ma the 215 is 40ma. However look it over, the >description column has 25ma for the 235 and 10ma for the 215. > I'll let you figure it out from there. >Good luck! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The transistor itself seems to be identical. The same spec sheet is referenced for both:

For some reason, NXP's or Mouser's data-capture picked out two different Idss specs. (25mA, 40mA). Both are listed in the spec sheet, under two different test conditions. Never trust the online product selectors!

Reply to
richs

The transistor itself seems to be identical. The same spec sheet is referenced for both:

For some reason, NXP's or Mouser's data-capture picked out two different Idss specs. (25mA, 40mA). Both are listed in the spec sheet, under two different test conditions. Never trust the online product selectors! ;-)

Reply to
richs

Good on you for figuring it out, I saw the quantity difference, but then ran across the current difference on Mouser. I wasn't sure about it then, that's why I left it open by saying, "I'll let you figure it out from there." Glad someone did! Mikek

PS. Kinda poor practice by Mouser.

Reply to
amdx