Transistor

Hi,

I have a doubt. Could anyone help me with this?

Let us consider a properly biased transistor. Let us assume that I have connected a load between the collector and the ground.

My question is how does the load effect the transistor ? Does it change the operating point at zero signal conditions?

thanks, beenu

Reply to
Beenu

Yes, if it's DC coupled and the collector voltage wasn't at ground to start with, it has to have an effect, more effect as the resistor gets smaller. The DC collector current will be either increased or decreased depending on the exact circuit and transistor type.

-- John

Reply to
John O'Flaherty

In what configuration ?

In what configuration.

Your quuestion is too vague. AC or DC coupled ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Its a CE configured transistor circuit. And a resistive load is connected across the collector and ground.The load is connected in series with a collector capacitor.

Beenu

Reply to
Beenu

A capacitor will mean that the DC operating point won't be influenced by the load or the signal.

What is it *exactly* that you want to know ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

" A capacitor will mean that the DC operating point won't be influenced by the load or the signal."

My question is how does the load capacitor avoid the change in the DC operating point?

Beenu

Reply to
Beenu

That's not much of a clarification.

You have written:

Note that nowhere >2: Its a CE configured transistor circuit. And a resistive load is

Ah. The word now appears, but not at all clearly.

Then finally your comment included at the top of my post where you are quoting something from somewhere without citing where that is (as far as I know.) And after quoting it, you immediately add an adjective that the quote does not use -- namely, "load." You call it a "load capacitor."

Is this the capacitor that is often used to couple one transistor amplifier stage to another, used as AC coupling or is this the capacitor used in the emitter leg together with resistors to set the AC gain? Or something else?

Can you provide an ascii schematic to clarify what you are asking, since words may be failing you?

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan