tool to use to draw an electronic circuit

Hi - if I want to show you an electronic circuit I have a question about,
what tool do you recomend me to use ?
Thanks.

Re: tool to use to draw an electronic circuit
LTSpice is kinda standard. A nice thing about that is you can convert their file to a text file and post it in here, as long as regular test works. Needs nothing, no unicode or any of that shit, just simple text.

The only problem is there is a lack of a few devices and it isn't quite a piece of cake to make one. for example a potentiometer.

You CAN make the parts, but then for them to work there has to be a repository or something for them because it has to also be on the recipient's computer. Like a font in a webpage, your browser has to download it.

But it works well, and you can get away without pots and change it later, it will simulate and all that and you can tell if the smoke is liable to come out or if it is going to oscillate or whatever.

Re: tool to use to draw an electronic circuit

Pots are super easy to make in SPICE.   You make two resistors in
series, with values and , then set or step x.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

ORCAD is one "industry standard". There is a free version on their web site. Easy to learn. Hard to post here.

Re: tool to use to draw an electronic circuit
There's also always ASCII art.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Thank you you all 4 of you, gentlemen - I shall Google a bit about

 *) LTSpice
 *) ORCAD
 *) SPICE
 *) ASCII art (?)

Sebastian.

Re: tool to use to draw an electronic circuit

ASCII art example below: view in courier font

     +-----[+LED]------+
     |                 |
     +----o   o       [R1]
     |     \  S1       |
     |      o          |
   -----    |         /c
  |  +  |   +--[R2]--|   NPN
  | 9V  |             \e
  |Batt |              |
  |  -  |              |
   -----               |
     |                 |
     +-----------------+

You can also draw a diode like this -->|-- or this  _|\_
                                                      |/

or a resistor like this /\/\/\/\ or a cap like this --)|--
etc. With ascii art you need to use a fixed font like courier;

Ed

Re: tool to use to draw an electronic circuit

** Draw it out neatly on 5mm square ruled paper, take a pic and post a jpeg somewhere easily accessed.

Everyone can then see it with no effort.

....   Phil

Site Timeline