tool to use to draw an electronic circuit

Hi - if I want to show you an electronic circuit I have a question about, what tool do you recomend me to use ? Thanks.

Reply to
Sebastia RodaMon

LTSpice is kinda standard. A nice thing about that is you can convert their file to a text file and post it in here, as long as regular test works. Needs nothing, no unicode or any of that shit, just simple text.

The only problem is there is a lack of a few devices and it isn't quite a piece of cake to make one. for example a potentiometer.

You CAN make the parts, but then for them to work there has to be a repository or something for them because it has to also be on the recipient's computer. Like a font in a webpage, your browser has to download it.

But it works well, and you can get away without pots and change it later, it will simulate and all that and you can tell if the smoke is liable to come out or if it is going to oscillate or whatever.

Reply to
jurb6006

ORCAD is one "industry standard". There is a free version on their web site. Easy to learn. Hard to post here.

Reply to
sdeyoreo

Pots are super easy to make in SPICE. You make two resistors in series, with values {R*x} and {R*(1-x)}, then set or step x.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

There's also always ASCII art.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thank you you all 4 of you, gentlemen - I shall Google a bit about

*) LTSpice *) ORCAD *) SPICE *) ASCII art (?)

Sebastian.

Reply to
Sebastia RodaMon

** Draw it out neatly on 5mm square ruled paper, take a pic and post a jpeg somewhere easily accessed.

Everyone can then see it with no effort.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

ASCII art example below: view in courier font

You can also draw a diode like this -->|-- or this _|\_ |/

or a resistor like this /\/\/\/\ or a cap like this --)|-- etc. With ascii art you need to use a fixed font like courier; proportional fonts will mess up the drawing.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr