To all VETS

Thank you very much for your service.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Indeed!

And, to show our gratitude, if you run across this guy...

Just beat the shit out of him >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

and from another posting

for those of us [mainly ME!] who seems to be taunted by tinyurl could you include the exact URL?

by posting a very long URL enclosed in it seems to get less 'wrap' damage.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I've been pushing the approach for some time, but some morons lurking here insist that it doesn't matter >:-}

What sort of problem is tinyurl causing you? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Thanks for posting. Do the help you?

the cause my reader to show the URL as a single line, highlighted in blue. If too long, wraps the line WITHOUT inserting cr,lf

I can easily ctrl-c it, or go to it directly. Some people post both the tinyurl and the exact url.

Also, examine looking for .pdf file, in which case it is best to 'save from link' to a folder; else wait an indeterminant amount of time, during which link could break and I have to start over, worse, at the end of the time, my outdated Adobe may not read it anyway, so I have to go to cache4 to rename it .pdff for the Foxit Reader; or run it through online service, to make it compatible with my outdated Adobe Reader. No offense meant, but I can see if the source is a 'looney' website which will inundate me with cookies, add me to a spam list, or generally screw me up with thousands of unrelated side images. Or, sometimes, and this is the most rewarding of all, find a new reliable source of information, which I wish to bookmark for future.

tinyurl sometimes, not all the time, but often enough to cause me to avoid it, does NOTHING when I go there, just sits showing their logo, etc without any indication of anything going on. page says DONE and no transferring bits. can sit for hours like that, NEVER going to the step of showing me the appropriate link.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Are you hung up in some kind of Joergasm ?:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

FINALLY got to use that pun you wrote years ago?!

Reply to
RobertMacy

Yep ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

A few photos from our Veteran's park. The camera was messed up, and I didn't get it working till the end of the service. We had several bands, and around 2500 attendees. The camera would only work with a 16 MB XD card, and still didn't store most of the shots.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks - enjoyed the photos. :-) Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

You're welcome. Not my usual work, but I took what I could get. :)