Time Delay Relay

A year or so ago someone on one of these groups told me how a time delay relay was the perfect solution to my problem. Well it was the perfect solution till the used relay I got, stopped working yesterday. Well I found one one ebay that looks even better than the one I had but I'm not sure it will work the way I have the old one set up. The new one is a CNT-35-76 and you can view the data sheet here . . .

The old one has the same layout except for pins 5,6 & 7. 5 & 6 are not used. To activate the Relay they want you to short pins 10 & 7 together. The new one has you short pins 5 & 6 together. It also says I need to use a "dry circuit switch". BTW I am using it in delay on off mode. The switch I am currently using is a DPDT (on) off (on) 15A switch Switch it one way and a contractor activates to turn on an AC motor and spin a hydraulic pump. Switch it the other way, the same motor comes on, and it activates the time delay relay. Since the cable going to the switch is a 3 wire cable, the motor and relay share a common wire. Namely the neutral AC line. So in order to hook up the new relay to the same switch setup it will in effect hook pin 5 to pin

10 on the new relay. Pin 10 will be the neutral AC line. I get the feeling that it won't work right with this setup and I am going to have to change something other than setting up my existing switch to pin 5 & 6 instead of 7 & 10.

I'm working on a wiring diagram to look at if this isn't enough information. Thanks for the help.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris W

I forgot....for those who are wondering what all this is for. The time delay relay activates a solenoid valve, the time delay is to keep the solenoid valve open till the motor stops spinning. Otherwise the hydraulic cylinder will suddenly jerk back the other way when the switch is released.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris W

That didn't take near as long as I thought. Here is the old and what I hope will work for the new wiring diagram.