The world is running out of electrons - Serious implications to come!

From: The World of Science Article 4115 Posted: April 1, 2015

The world is running out of electrons. Electric costs soar, while electrical power capacity continues to decline. It now takes nearly twice the amount of water power, coal, or nuclear energy to turn a turbine for the same electrical output amounts previously generated by half that amount of source energy. This decline will continue to get worse each and every year.

The cause of this is easy to understand. The world is using too much electricity and thus too many electrons are being consumed. Modern electronics are being used in nearly everything these days, from engine control on vehicles, to televisions, cell phones, computers, games, as well as industrial production and home use of electricity and electronics. The more electrical power we use, the more electrons we consume.

It's estimated that by the year 2020, we will begin to see entire cities go black, or suffer long term brownouts, and/or sporadic power interruptions. Lighting will be dim, and electronic devices will cease to operate, or will operate very slowly. For example, your computer may begin to run slower than those old computers prior to the year 1985. Microsoft is already attempting to design an operating system which uses less electrons, but this has been hushed from the public to eliminate panic, until now.

"It will only get worse". These are the words of many top scientists all over the world. Like anything, no resource is infinate, and there are limitations. Just like the shortage of oil that will soon occur worldwide, there is a shortage of electrons, and this may actually have a bigger impact on our lives. It will soon become too expensive to produce electricity, and we will have to go back to using candles for lighting, animals instead of electric motors to power our devices, and computers, cellphones, television and so on, will become a thing of the past.

Until then, everyone is being asked to cut back on their use of electricity and electronics. Turn off unneeded lights, limit computer, phone, and television use, and avoid using electrical power for heating whenever possible. This will prolong the inevitable, but not entirely stop our severe loss of electrons.

Scientists worldwide are attempting to find a method to "grow" new electrons, but so far, all attempts have failed. Whether this is possible, no one can say for sure. All we can do is to conserve the electrons we still have, while preparing for the day when all of our modern electrical devices will cease to function.

Reply to
modernscience

On the positive side, we have more protons!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

[...]

And you can always buy new ones.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I always use recycled electrons.

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig

Cannot "grow" more; the Pauli Exclusion principle states that every electron must have its own place - so if we re running out of electrons, that means we are running out of places.

Reply to
Robert Baer

[...]

No, they all moved to Texas ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

It's been scientifically proven beyond all reasonable doubt that consumption of electrons is the primary factor in AGW. As we use up electrons faster than they can be replenished, the remaining electrons are working harder than ever to make up for the decline in their numbers. They spin faster and faster and thus generate more and more heat.

Reply to
Pimpom

Modern electronics is certainly a problem. Back when we used hot-cathode thermionic devices the specially-treated cathode surface gave off lots of electrons. This maintained the population. Solid state devices are letting us down...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike

On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 07:24:08 -0700 in sci.electronics.basics, Joerg wrote,

An atom walks in to a bar and says "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" the bartender asks. "I'm positive."

Reply to
David Harmon

That's at least as scientific as most AGW theories.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Not entirely, today I helped man kind by witnessing a 6000 amp thyristor bridge vaporize, well at least two of them. Yes I will sign off indicating the event took place.

Simply a Nobel act of replenishing some electrons.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

That makes more sense than anything the Church of AGW has come up with so far.

Reply to
krw

Cannot one use spin doctors to fix that?

Reply to
Robert Baer

An electron gets pulled over for speeding. "Did you know you are going at 20% of c?" asks the policeman. "Damn, now I'm lost", says the electron.

Reply to
David Brown