The Art of Electronics

Hi Engineer..,

Any last updates on this book

"The Art of Electronics" 3rd edition

_____

Excluding that..,

Any other resources for a Hobbyist( Pure MathGuy) to learn him self. I mean any Book resources or weblinks you recommend.

Thnx for sharing :_)

Reply to
mJ

I purchased on of the versions of that book a long time ago; but, I found it to be weak. It gives you a decent start but it doesn't provide any practical real word grounding.

For any kind kind of analog electronics and a health discussion of topics in digital electronics I would consider _The ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications_ great for any Hobbyist.

Myke Predko's _Digital Electronics DeMystified_ is great for discreet, gate-based digital electronics.

For MCUs etc, you will need to find a book targeting the actual product that you want to use. I have the Programming and Customizing the X Microcontroller for PIC, AVR, and 8051 MCU's. I really like the AVR version by Dhananja V. Gadre but the too by Myke Predko are a little bit disorganized which can make them a little bit disorienting for beginners. They are however cracked full of information that many other books seem to miss and they all provide more then just theoretical and programming information.

Reply to
Tim Harig

Scratch what I said about _The Art of Electronics_ I do not own it and I was thinking of a different book that I own.

Reply to
Tim Harig

For a good all rounder, The Art of Electronics is still an excellent book.

To learn microcontrollers you cannot go wrong with the PIC from Microchip - stacks of code out there, free compilers for C (see their website), lots of application notes from them and other users of the PIC. If you want to learn C - C for Dummies All in One Desk Reference (6 books in 1) by Dan Gookin. It is cheap too

For analogue stuff, look at Analogue Devices, TI and National for some excellent application notes and circuit. Same for Maxim and Linear Technology if you want to master low power electronics. Maxim and LT give out free samples which always helps.

Digest all of this and you will get a good grounding in system level design.

Good luck

--
Bill Naylor
www.electronworks.co.uk

You're nuts.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On 2009-07-02, Phil Hobbs wrote: Please see my reply "Correction Re:The Art of Electronics":

Sorry, I made a mistake. I was thinking of a different book.

Reply to
Tim Harig

I sure hope so. That book is awesome along with an ARRL handbook which you can get on cd unlike TAOE.

Wes

Wes

Win Hill is not posting here all that often, so it does seem likely taht he is still working on the 3rd edition.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

can get on cd

TAoE can be had in electronic form, but it's a bootleg scan.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Tim Harig wrote in news:G%Y2m.2451$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com:

Perhaps "The Art of Linear Electronics", by JL Hood?

--Damon

Reply to
Damon Hill

.
-

of

arn

It

gn.

For a really good basic understanding of op amps I found the book " Op Amp Cookbook" by Jung to be very good. He does a discussion of "ideal" op amps and then goes on to do "real world" effects. It was around in the 70's. I haven't checked lately.

Reply to
JK17PWGBDR