Terminology for High Pass Filters

Hi all,

for low pass filters, if i say the pass band is 0.15PI n stop band is

0.2PI, tat means freq btwn 0 to 0.15PI can be passed thru while from 0.15 PI to 0.2PI is the transistion band.

my qn is, how about high pass filter? How do i describe the pt whereby i want to cutoff the frequency that is allowed to pass through? Say from 0 to 0.8 PI shld be cut off and I will onli allow freq above

0.85PI onwards to pass thru?

is 0.8PI called stop band n 0.85PI called pass band?

thks FT

Reply to
fulltime

Hwk ansr is pbly y.