Temperature compensation in LTSpice?

Is it possible to simulate circuit performance using LTSpice under different temperature conditions? Say you have a single NPN transistor with grounded emitter and a collector load and a resistor from base to collector so the collector voltage is about half the supply voltage. I understand the result would depend on the HFE of the transistor, temperature, and maybe not very stable. Just wondering if LTSpice can provide any interesting information for some particular transistor. DC voltage change verses temperature.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

Here's a simple temperature sweep example:

 Click to see the full signature

Hey dropbox is pretty cool! (I need to investigate)

George H.

.highlandtechnology.com  jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Reply to
George Herold

Dropbox is fabulous. The same files appear on all your PCs, anywhere. I use it for my mountain cabin automation system, as a painless and reliable way to share files in real time. And for work+home projects: no more flash sticks!

I use it for sharing big files with my clients, too.

 Click to see the full signature

Yes, that works fine to plot the e/b and b/c voltage temp conditions. I tried adding a spice directive of (.step temp 0 50 5) to my transistor stage and I get 10 lines displayed (5 to 6 volts) which I presume correspond to the 10 temperature steps. But the display doesn't indicate what voltage occurs at what temperature. How to fix that?

-Bill

Version 4 SHEET 1 880 680 WIRE 144 16 16 16 WIRE -128 144 -192 144 WIRE 16 144 16 96 WIRE 16 144 -64 144 WIRE 16 208 16 144 WIRE -192 256 -192 144 WIRE -160 256 -192 256 WIRE -48 256 -80 256 WIRE 16 320 16 304 FLAG 144 96 0 FLAG 16 320 0 SYMBOL voltage 144 0 R0 WINDOW 123 0 0 Left 0 WINDOW 39 0 0 Left 0 SYMATTR InstName V1 SYMATTR Value 12 SYMBOL npn -48 208 R0 SYMATTR InstName Q2 SYMATTR Value 2N3904 SYMBOL res 0 0 R0 SYMATTR InstName R3 SYMATTR Value 22k SYMBOL res -64 240 R90 WINDOW 0 0 56 VBottom 0 WINDOW 3 32 56 VTop 0 SYMATTR InstName R4 SYMATTR Value 5000k SYMBOL diode -64 128 R90 WINDOW 0 0 32 VBottom 0 WINDOW 3 36 -4 VTop 0 SYMATTR InstName D2 SYMATTR Value 1N4148 TEXT -40 392 Left 0 !.step temp 0 50 5 TEXT -200 392 Left 0 !.tran .1s

Reply to
Bill Bowden

Right click on the plot screen. Click on "Select Steps"

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse