telephone cable wiring

Is all telephone cable wiring of the stranded variety?

I would like to get some and splice into it to, but I would prefer not to work with stranded wire.

Reply to
mike7411

Any permanent wiring (inside the walls) will likely be solid wire, but any portable cables (phone to wall outlet) should be stranded to survive the flexing they experience.

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

On 17 Jul 2006 09:17:33 -0700, in message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com scribed:

Actually, hardly any of it is. Just the indoor stuff, pre-plugged, as Peter said.

Discarded sections of 25-pair telephone cable are great for getting wire to breadboard with. Um, you're not thinking of splicing into active wiring, are you?

--
Love is like a dying ember
And only memories remain
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Alan B

In a word, no. I once went to Home Depot and got some jacketed 4- conductor #24 solid, with red, green, black, and yellow wires. This is intended for internal phone circuit wiring.

100' was about six bucks.

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise