Technics SLP-170 CD Player Won't Play

See Subject. I find it a bit odd it won't play. It is about 12 years old, maybe 15. I put in a CD, and it shows track 1 in the LCD, but doesn't start. If I press Play, it just hangs there. If I open the tray, the CD has not moved at all. I can select various tracks, but when I press play nothing happens. Any ideas? It was playing just fine a few weeks ago.

Hmmm, we had a sever lightning strike while I was gone for a few weeks, while my wife stayed at home. It hit our Yagi antenna that has a rotor. It knocked out the rotor box in the house within 8' of the CD player. It also knocked out a few ethernet cards on two PCs in my LAN, and knocked out a hub/switch. Our LCD TV set between the rotor control box and the CD player was not affected. The nearby tape player, and FM receiver/amp were unaffected.

--
                                W. eWatson

               Obz Site:  39° 15\' 7" N, 121° 2\' 32" W, 2700 feet

                     Web Page:
Reply to
W. eWatson

Steven Wright says that when he was a boy, and after having a particularly disturbing dream, he went into his father's room and asked him what it meant. His father told him, "It means you were asleep."

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

"BobW"

** Nice reply.

But waaaaaaaayy over the head of the OP.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Gotta like that guy.

--
                                W. eWatson

               Obz Site:  39° 15\' 7" N, 121° 2\' 32" W, 2700 feet

                     Web Page:
Reply to
W. eWatson

"Now, now." Search for Peter Sellers.peter sellers.

I guess I conclude a couple of things from these response. I'll skip most of them. You are probably thinking it must have been lighting. If so, perhaps you can explain how it was so selective? Maxwell's equations will be just fine.

--
                                W. eWatson

               Obz Site:  39° 15\' 7" N, 121° 2\' 32" W, 2700 feet

                     Web Page:
Reply to
W. eWatson

In this case, it's more about Darwin and William of Ockham than Maxwell.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to
BobW

** Normal behaviour for lightning damage.

You pathetic FUCKWIT !!

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Basal ganglia warning! All hands on deck. Warning, warning...

See chapter 7 of Steven Pinker's The Stuff of Language.

-- W. eWatson

(121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

Web Page:

Reply to
W. eWatson

I'm convinced that Phil has Online Tourette Syndrome. He can't control himself, and will probably never be cured. On the bright side, he's extremely entertaining.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to
BobW

I like the term coprolalia.

Babbling excrement, essentially. My dog would love it!

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen