talking multimeter

Hi all,

A member of our radioclub is starting to have problems with his
eyesight, so he is looking for a multimeter that can talk.

I've found one on the internet, but that product is only sold in the US.

Anybody any idea for a not to expensive talking multimeter that can be
purchased here in Europe?

thx!

Kristoff

Re: talking multimeter
Perhaps consider a large display. He probably will need aid seeing where
he's poking also.

Re: talking multimeter
Hi Tom,

Yesterday, I found this interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBFeXxCz6PU

It's an arduno project that grabs the screen output of the multimeter
via a serial port and speaks out the content.

So it might be better to look for a cheap multimeter with some kind of
logging facility.
Anybody any idea for a good candidate for this?

Kristoff

Re: talking multimeter

Got a link?

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
Re: talking multimeter
Hi John,

http://www.mpja.com/Talking-Digital-Multimeter/productinfo/35042%20ME/

As found here:
http://www.mpja.com//ordering_information.asp#shipping

International Orders
    RESTRICTIONS:
We only accept orders from inside the United States. We are no longer
able to accept orders from other countries.

Kristoff

Re: talking multimeter

The "US sales only" multimeter is a variant of a Chinese "Winhy 890s".

Look up "Tasi TA8301" or "Nktech NK-51F" or "Winhy 890s", they seem to
be the same basic design. This multimeter is sold under various names.

You can also search Aliexpress for "voice multimeter". That finds many
sellers of the above 3 models as well as another one: the Tasi TA8302.

The TA8302 has a higher resolution: 6000 counts (TA8301: 2000 counts).

Re: talking multimeter
Dimitrij,

Thank you very much. Very usefull information.
I've forwarded the information to that person.

Thx!

Kristoff

Re: talking multimeter
How will he read it ? LMAO