talking multimeter

Hi all,

A member of our radioclub is starting to have problems with his eyesight, so he is looking for a multimeter that can talk.

I've found one on the internet, but that product is only sold in the US.

Anybody any idea for a not to expensive talking multimeter that can be purchased here in Europe?

thx!

Kristoff

Reply to
kristoff

Perhaps consider a large display. He probably will need aid seeing where he's poking also.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Hi Tom,

Yesterday, I found this interesting video:

It's an arduno project that grabs the screen output of the multimeter via a serial port and speaks out the content.

So it might be better to look for a cheap multimeter with some kind of logging facility. Anybody any idea for a good candidate for this?

Kristoff

Reply to
kristoff

Got a link?

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Hi John,

As found here:

International Orders RESTRICTIONS: We only accept orders from inside the United States. We are no longer able to accept orders from other countries.

Kristoff

Reply to
kristoff

The "US sales only" multimeter is a variant of a Chinese "Winhy 890s".

Look up "Tasi TA8301" or "Nktech NK-51F" or "Winhy 890s", they seem to be the same basic design. This multimeter is sold under various names.

You can also search Aliexpress for "voice multimeter". That finds many sellers of the above 3 models as well as another one: the Tasi TA8302.

The TA8302 has a higher resolution: 6000 counts (TA8301: 2000 counts).

Reply to
Dimitrij Klingbeil

Dimitrij,

Thank you very much. Very usefull information. I've forwarded the information to that person.

Thx!

Kristoff

Reply to
kristoff