Switch for USB cable

This is an electronics question. :-)

I have problems scanning documents.

To get a scan to work, I have to unplug the usb cable (that goes from desktop to scanner)

Then reopen my scanner app and then it scans.

I could not find something that would let me stop/start the connection between the cable and scanner without actually unplugging it.

I cut open an unused USB cable and found a black,green,red, and white wire and some uninsulated wire. (Maybe shielding)

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Re: Switch for USB cable

Something like this or similar would work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Printer-Scanner-Sharing-Switch-Hub-Splitter-Adapter-2-Port-USB-A-to-B-Cable
NEW/202474864229?hash=item2f24713e65:g:NyIAAOSwyNxcRxds

Should copy and paste the link, it will work easier.

Re: Switch for USB cable

Thanks, looks like it would work. Guess I would need one more usb to printer cable.

Andy

Site Timeline