speakers' cable

Zero ohm characteristic impedance would be somewhat problematic - to put it mildly - in any situation where this parameter is actually of concern.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Almost, but they are VERY expensive and thick.

Reply to
Ken

how about:

'When NASA were deciding how to convey transmissions from astronauts on board the space shuttle, they opted for the solution of cylindrically embedded cable technology to carry signals between the various parts of their apparatus, thus reducing bounce and scatter at the cable interfaces. Our engineers have skilfully refined this technology for the audio arena; our CECT cables are designed to be perfectly matched to the expected impedance of your high fidelity speakers. No more bounce and scatter.'

--
http://www.niftybits.ukfsn.org/

remove 'n-u-l-l' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
bin unless notified with [html] or [attachment] in the subject line.
Reply to
andy

your

signals

This will reduce, but not eliminate, differential mode RF pickup. The only way to totally eliminate differential mode pickup is to make sure that the twists are perfectly balanced, whichis prety near impossible. However, this will not affect common mode pickup. Still, since speaker coils are, theoretically, not affected by common mode signals, this should work.

But, as a matter of interest, why worry about RF interference on your cables anyway? You can't hear it, the speaker won'r react to it.and the impedance of the cable at RF is so far removed from the speaker impedance that coupling is extremely inefficient.

Seems like another waste of effort, all things considered.

Cap

Reply to
Captain

In which case they should appeal to just about every audio nut out there!

And now a new business; great big zero ohm connectors for your zero ohm cables, only 50 (enter your local monetary unit) each!

I swear I'm in the wrong business!

Reply to
Captain

Remember to include some technical looking graphs with that.

Andyb

-- The above email address is whitelisted. If I don't have your address already, I wont see your message.

Reply to
Andyb

There's a simple answer to all your questions:

SPEAKER CABLES DON'T MATTER.

John

Do you want a example? Well... the TRANSPARENT CABLE MUSIC WAVE SUPER costs (2,5 meter!) 1780,00 Euros!

Is it very expensive? If it's built, maybe there is someone that buy it! It's a very fraud!!!

Forgot... in an Hi-Fi-show, there were a couple of signal-cable (used to connect CD-player to amplifier) that cost 2500,00 Euros. I want be a speakers' cable designer so I will be rich person :))

ciao

-- MEMENTO AVDERE SEMPER Giovanni (Italy)

. "Vexator" ha scritto nel messaggio news:T1c2d.5558$ snipped-for-privacy@twister2.libero.it...

the

Reply to
Vexator

Be sure to offer them the optional head clamp, to keep the acoustic time delay constant from the speakers to their ears. Without that, the carefully-matched speaker cable lengths are wasted.

John

Hey, Rich, get your own act.
Reply to
John Fields

Must the length of couple cables be identical? Could be 1 meter for right channel and 5 meter for left channel?

thanks in advance

-- MEMENTO AVDERE SEMPER Giovanni (Italy)

. "Vexator" ha scritto nel messaggio news:T1c2d.5558$ snipped-for-privacy@twister2.libero.it...

the

Reply to
Vexator

Of course not; they can *hear* the difference.

The easiest person to lie to is yourself.

Ummm, yes.

John

try wireless technology great "O ohms" characteristics

Reply to
allana

the only draw back is the hugh lenght of cable required to access the shuttle from the control center ( but we did manage to keep it just under 8 ohms)

Reply to
allana

Captain posted:

Yes, under some conditions, you will hear it. The amplifier will envelope detect the RF signal and output it on the speaker leads.

Don

Reply to
Dbowey

This has been hilarious!

What I don't understand--and this question also constantly comes up when I listen to the Art Bell radio show--is don't these cable-pushers feel ASHAMED when they lie? I know I do, and I had a fairly normal American upbringing. Is there a subculture of Americans out there who are proud when they give no value for money paid? If so, are there lots of them? I've led a very sheltered life, I guess. Do any of you know any of them?

Leonard the Traditionally Moral

--
"Everything that rises must converge"
--Flannery O'Connor

On Friday 17 September 2004 09:09 am, John Fields did deign to grace us with the following:

Nah - just use an ordinary "impedance matching 101" lecture, but dress it up in a bunch of audiophoolese, or make it sound like a new discovery or something.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Saturday 18 September 2004 11:19 am, Vexator did deign to grace us with the following:

Oh, yes, they need to be precision matched. I can provide you a pair from my Custom Lab for only $69.95/foot each.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yep! Thanks very much Rich! That is an advantageous price.

How much to send here? If I'll buy 100 foots, do you make little discount?

-- MEMENTO AVDERE SEMPER Giovanni (Italy)

. "Rich Grise" ha scritto nel messaggio news:Aj33d.681$2A1.184@trnddc08...

right

Reply to
Vexator

On Saturday 18 September 2004 04:07 pm, John Fields did deign to grace us with the following:

Sorry, did you already come up with this one? It wouldn't take much to make, for example

totally opaque to the average consumer.

Specially designed with the latest Computer Aided Technology, straight from the labs of the National Science Foundation - Precision Impedance- Matched Cables, only $19.99/foot/pair. ;-)

And use two pieces of welding cable bonded together. :-)

Anybody want to bother to look up the formula for spacing/diameter for 8 ohms?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise