Soldering to Phosphor-Bronze

Are there any guidelines for soldering 18g leads to Phosphor-Bronze?

I assume that I should rough the Phosphor-Bronze up with some fine sand paper before soldering the wires to it, but I'm still concerned about the connection being.

(I'm using Phosphor-Bronze for it's flexibility and electrical conductivity).

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

its mostly copper, so it should solder just fine...

clean it so it looks brite and use flux..

If this is a large bulk piece a micro gas torch works well.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Right, get it hot enough, rosin (or any) flux. 60/40 done.

For other metals, getting the right flux seems to be the important step, IME(xperience). Getting rid of the oxide layer. George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Thanks a lot.