simple 2 port usb hub

In sci.electronics.design James wrote: : I am trying to find a schematic for a very basic 2 port usb hub to extend on : port into two for a small project i'm working on. I would just go and buy : one but I want to integrate it into another board I have designed - can : anyone help?

: I was thinking of something like a ATMEL AT43301 - any thoughts?

: It doesn't have to be fancy and can be a 'dumb' port.

Have a look at

The schematics for the reference design is downloadable without registration. However I guess the the BOM of your onboard solution has much higher costs that the price of an external hub...

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

In sci.electronics.misc James wrote: : Thats been discontinued :(

Only the ?PD720160AGC-xxx-8EA...

Bye

-- Uwe Bonnes snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt

Uwe Bonnes

I am trying to find a schematic for a very basic 2 port usb hub to extend on port into two for a small project i'm working on. I would just go and buy one but I want to integrate it into another board I have designed - can anyone help?

I was thinking of something like a ATMEL AT43301 - any thoughts?

It doesn't have to be fancy and can be a 'dumb' port.

Thanks,

James

Thats been discontinued :(

any other mainsteam options?

Thanks,

extend on

buy

much

Reply to
James

extend on

and buy

can

I've had some bad experiences in the last few days with a 5-port USB PCI card using that NEC chip. I bought a cheap one from Fry's for $18 and tried to install it. I printed out the instructions for the installation. The instructions said to click on the icon. But the idiots didn't include any autorun in the CD-ROM. So I went into the Windows folder and clicked on one of the three .EXE progs. It installed, but when I rebooted the PC failed to even recognize the card was in the slot. So I tried one of the other .EXEs, same result.

I gave up, put it back in the box and will take it back. I bought a Belkin 5-port board for twice the price, and I'll install it tomorrow. I essentially paid twice the price for the same card, except I paid the extra to get software that actually works. :-(

Cheap foreign knock-off. hardware is pretty much the same, but the software is abysmal.

much

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

How about something like the USB 2502 from

Can someone walk me through what I need for this circuit?

Sorry to be such a noob but I've never worked with usb before.

Thanks,

Reply to
James

Aren't you supposed to install the software drivers first - THEN add the PCI card and follow the 'New Hardware found' Wizard when it restarts?

--
Graham W   http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE   http://www.wessex-astro-society.freeserve.co.uk/ Wessex