Sign of Genius

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

-- Jonathan Swift

Reply to
BretCahill

So, what's your day job?

John

And now, Mr. Cahill and Mr. Speed, would you both take these pointy
hats and sit in a corner, facing the line where the walls join.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

This flushes 'em out like magic.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

I knew a guy once thought amongst other curious things that mp3 bit rates were *higher* than CD and gave better quality.

He was nominally the department's 'technical manager'. He had it in for me too.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Men are happy to be laughed at for their humor, but not for their folly.

Jonathan Swift

must have missed the OP

Reply to
Jeff Higgins

--
The dunces?

Indeed.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

Just because you're obnoxious doesn't make you a genius. Or a tractor driver, even.

John

"A true genius never has any need to appear in a newsgroup to try to prove his genius."

-- Jonathan Slaughter

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

This quote is usually self-applied by fools and kooks. Those who are truly insightful are also wise enough not to apply it publicly to themselves.

Reply to
QuantumDot

Dry cleaner.

Reply to
QuantumDot

No... you are not supposed to stuff those hats there.

Reply to
QuantumDot

I'm sure he'd be good as a plow behind said tractor.

Reply to
QuantumDot

As long as it ain't the good 'ol flame war about vinyl vs CD.

Reply to
QuantumDot

It's not true anyhow. Shakespeare; Feynman; Einstein; Kovacs; Kelvin; all revered in their time.

Can anybody name a real genius who was attacked by all available dunces?

John

Immanuel Velikowski

mike

--=20 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ / /\\ / /\\ / /\\ / /\\ / /\\ / /\\ / /\\ / / / /\\ \\ /'Think Tanks Cleaned Cheap'/ /\\ \\/ / /_/ \\/_/ \\/_/ \\/_/ \\/_/ \\/_/ \\/_/ \\/_/

Densa International=C2=A9 For the OTHER two percent.

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage, I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail, Google Groups or HOTMAIL address. I also filter everything from a .cn server.

For solutions which may work for you, please check:

m II

But the dunces love him.

John

Put out the dunce shoe and the dunces fall over themselves trying to get their foot to fit.

Not that that's true or anyithing but take a gander at the OP.

All I did was post the quote w/o comment.

By your theory the dunces immediately appeared and applied it to themselves.

What would happen if they did?

Some dunce typing "LOL!"?

Only a complete idiot would give a rat's ass about a dunce typing "LOL!"

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill

Galileo.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

Nothing like all the available dunces knew anything about him.

Reply to
Rod Speed