Serial Breakout Box

Looking for an inexpensive (less that $100) serial RS232 breakout box. Can set BAUD, etc and then receive serial data. needs to have some sort of data bit output; TTL or ?. up to 8 bits.

nice to be able to send simple data byte back. A kit is fine.

what's out there?

I already have USB breakout boxes so that is not needed.

Rolf

If you were to type in "RS232 IO board" you'd most likely find something.

That is just an example, many more..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

get an arduino or a board from mbed.org. they are quite easy to program and there ais plenty of sample code out there.

Bye Jack

--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
Reply to

raspberry pi + usb-to-serial

raspberry pi, arduino, or basic stamp + MAX232

RPI I/O is 3.3V CMOS, others are 5V CMOS

--
umop apisdn
Reply to