Semiconductor manufacturing technology textbook recommendations

I'm considering purchasing a textbook for self study on semiconductor manuf acturing technology and have come across a possible candidate published by the SPIE: Introduction to Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology, 2ed, Hong Xiao, 2012, 704pp, ISBN: 9780819490926, Volume: PM220.

I'm holding off buying it straight away, even though it is a member's sale special, because the review says it has a minimal amount of maths, physics or chemistry. If I'm going to buy it, I want something a bit meatier. Any r ecommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Julian Grodzicky

ufacturing technology and have come across a possible candidate published b y the SPIE: Introduction to Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology, 2ed, Ho ng Xiao, 2012, 704pp, ISBN: 9780819490926, Volume: PM220.

e special, because the review says it has a minimal amount of maths, physic s or chemistry. If I'm going to buy it, I want something a bit meatier. Any recommendations?

Hi, I don't know the book that you linked to. I also don't know much about Semi-manufacturing... so take this for what it's worth, (maybe not much). But I bought a used copy of the 3rd edition of P.Gray and R. Meyers "Analy sis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits", several years ago. Plenty o f 'meat'! Maybe someone else will comment/ recommend something?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Back in 60's?, or 70's Motorola published a great BASIC semiconductor designing/manufacturing book. Don't remember the name, but have a copy in storage. If you find it, it was larger than standard, more like 10 x 12

Had great pictures and diagrams and equations.

Maybe somebody will remember the name.

Uh, it is OLD and BASIC. Manufacturing capabilities and techniques have followed Bob Noyce's curve ever since.

Reply to
RobertMacy