Selecting from 1% resistors

I want a 500k resistor 0.1%. It's a prototype so metal film through hole resistors. I got out the bin of 1 Meg 1% er's figuring I could find a pair. They were all high, 1.005 Meg was the lowest and 1.015 the highest, with most above 1.01. (And yes my meter works, I've got 1M 0.1% in surface mount and the first one read

1.0004 Meg)

I got a 499k and put 1k in series, works fine... just disappointed there's not a "better" spread in the 1 Megs.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

must of been one of those Ebay bargain buys :)

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

the closer to spec ones are probably sold as

Reply to
Cydrome Leader