Scope doesn't show correct voltage?

Scope: Tek 2465 Sig gen: HP 33120

The HP, set to 25 KHz, 100 mV p-p (according to the HP's display).

The Tek, set to 50 mV/div displays the signal as 4 divisions peak-to-peak:

200 mV. Cursor measurement agrees: 200 mV.

The HP is connected to channel 1 of the Tek using a new BNC-BNC coax cable.

I tried an identical HP 33120 with identical results. Would the next thing to try be another scope?

Why is the amplitude different between what the HP says is being output and what the Tek says is received?

Thanks.

Reply to
Janey

"Janey"

** What about the 50 ohms load ??
** What about the 50 ohms load ??

The HP33120 ( now Agilent) needs to see a 50 ohm load to give the set levels.

Try reading the spec sheet.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Check the HP user's manual. It has to do with the whether you have it set up for output into a 50-ohm load or into a high impedance (see the SYStem menu)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Seriani

Yes, that was it.

Thank you.

J. (still learning)

Reply to
Janey

Aren't we all still learning? It is when you stop learning that it is time to lay down and die.

Richard - using nearly 60 years of making mistakes to help others.

Reply to
Richard Seriani