reusing cell phone batteries

OK I have a ton of serviceable cell phone batteries that still hold a charge.

What I want to do is use a higher capacity battery for a small camera. The camera comes with a 200 mah li po and I have some older Black Berry and other batteries in the 1000 to 1300 mah range. I'm going to hook up a timer circuit to do some time lapse photography and need more power.

Charging them is not an issue because I can use the old phone or a little usb universal charger that has the movable prongs which works for all the batteries.

When I hook them up to the camera using some sort of adapter do I have to connect all the contacts?

The camera and most of my batteries have three contacts +, -, and the last one that is marked T or not marked at all. I'm thinking the third has to do with charging maybe temp? But what about the ones that have 4?

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

The batteries with three terminals are as you surmise +, -, and a thermistor with one terminal connected to - and the other brought out for the equipment to read. The batteries with 4 terminals are the same except that they bring out both terminals for the thermistor and the thermistor is not connected to the - terminal in the battery

HTH

Reply to
David Eather