Resistance Light and Dark Values

Actually it does. It does not generate any power and is dependent on some outside power before it's resistance change can do anything.

Photo diodes can produce current when subjected to light, LED's ditto.

Is this all news to you? are you just being obstreperous?

I saw one optocoupler datasheet that uses a series string of integrated photo diodes to produce the voltage necessary to bias a mosfet on... here it is:

Now, do you want to rethink the idea that they need power?

Reply to
default

Along with a lot of other stuff, they've been paying my bills since

1983ish. Friends don't come a lot more faithful than that. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Would everyone please quit top-posting?

I think you mean "antiparallel" or "inverse parallel". "Back-to-back" means inverse series, as in "back-to-back zeners".

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Really? A lot of renewable energy is supplied by big photodiodes (aka solar cells). All an unpowered LDR does is sit there.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

OK

Point taken. How's about 69?

Reply to
default

Nah, that's too exciting a hobby. Electronics you can do for hours and hours. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

es.

he

are in

mp.

dS

It's terrible PC-wise to say, but it's important to be biased when it comes to photodiodes. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

You only say that because you're a man. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs