recommendation for a capacitor tester

Looking for a reasonably priced handheld capacitor tester, primarily for arcade equipment repairs, so power supplies, monitors, amps will be primary uses, any suggestions??

Reply to
Jeff Dieterle

Very much worth your time and effort!

Reply to
Charles Schuler

"Jeff Dieterle"

** This is the one to go for:

Complete kit is $60 Australian = about $US45.

Takes a only few hours to build.

Checks electros for failure due to loss of electrolyte at end of life.

Also checks low value resistors in circuit.

ALSO checks cells and batteries, even tiny button cells for condition /end of life.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If you want to go cheap, I have a schematic for the old original esr using 2 lm324 op amps. Works well to find drying old caps in circuit. If that is what you are wanting. Or are you interested in it reading the value of the cap? If that is the case, there are construction detail on building a fairly good lcr meter using a pic micro. I'll find that link for you if you are inclined to assemble one.. JTT

Reply to
James Thompson

Thanks for the tips, had been looking at the Bob Parker ESR meter, ordered one today

Reply to
Jeff Dieterle