Rebuild computer speakers

I bought some Inland Pro Sound 2000 speakers from a thrift store.

It is an amplified system putting out about 7 watts.

They sound pretty poor.

I remember making my own 8 ohm speakers years ago using a woofer, midrange, tweeter, and a cross-over network.

Can I do that also with this system?

Thanks.

Reply to
AK

So, you want to fix that? It's usually the case that a coupling capacitor has gone leaky, and is putting some DC across the speaker terminals. Check for that first (or the speakers can overheat). If that's not it, look at the amplifier fiinal stage etc.

Reply to
whit3rd

Ok, thanks.

Andy