Re: Cell phone electrocution

I would think that a new GFCI was installed right after the incident, and before a news crew was allowed into the room. Otherwise, some moron would shove something into the outlet to demonstrate his or hr stupidity.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe that is the answer. The other possibility that I've considered is that the entire Inside Edition report was a 'mock-up' as far as the bathroom part was concerned. Besides having props for the phone and the charger and the extension cord, they had props for EVERYTHING in the bathroom -- that it wasn't the Coe bathroom at all. Not the Coe bathtub, lavatory, or GFCI outlet. Vid took place somewhere else.

They wanted to show all kinds of 'simulations'; the phone falling into the bathtub water, a model standing in the bathtub in a bathrobe, etc.

I asked Inside Edition by email to address the veracity of the bathroom situation, no answer.

Logan Coe is a fireman. The business about the frayed extension cord and the improper bathroom plug is not good home safety.

--
Mike Easter
Reply to