R-C circuit differentiator

R-C circuit differentiator is classic with passive components that can diff erentiate voltage signal. For step input R-C circuit differentiator makes s pikes on the output, so it differentiate step input signal better then the op-amp differentiator circuit. Now, there is a new tutorial

html

and online simulation

Patrick Chung

In your simulation the peak of Vout is always at 100% of the input voltage. This is not what you will find in real circuits. The signal source must have an Ri.

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig

I didn't see that, I dropped the frequency to 1 khz and the output peak was about 1/2 the input. Mikek

Reply to
amdx