Question regarding the photodiode model

Question regarding the photodiode model. Just to clarify in my mind, if a photodiode has no biasing voltage across it, i.e. it is operated under short circuit condition using a transimpedance amplifier, theoretically there is no leakage or dark current. Thus the shunt resistance could be considered infinite or at least larger that that quoted in datasheets where a 10mv reverse bias voltage. Am I write in saying this?

Reply to
cuca

Shorting the diode does not much change its shunt resistance, compared to having 10 mV across it. Remember that it is the lead voltage that the transimpedance amplifier holds very near zero volts. Internally, behind the junction series resistance, the voltage will be higher, as current passes through that resistance.

Reply to
John Popelish