question about previous circuit design by john fields

In a previous thread (which google groups will not let me post to), John Fields designed a circuit for me that is working great:

I want to add a fourth output to this circuit that will be always on, unless the the timer pause button is pressed, at which time that fourth circuit would shutoff for the same amount of time as the other 3, then restart like the others. What do I need to add to the circuit to accomplish this?

Reply to
Wayne

Nothing.  Just disconnect U2-11 and U2-12 from ground and connect
them to U2-10.  Your fourth output will be on U2-13.
Reply to
John Fields

Thanks, as always! I'll try this later today.

Reply to
Wayne

I tried this, but it's kinda working backwards to what I want. U2-13 isn't going hight until I press S1, when I release S1, it goes low.

Reply to
Wayne

I meant to say, it's low until I press S1, then it goes high until the delay finishes, then it goes low again; it's opposite of what I want.

Reply to
Wayne

--
Yeah, I got it backwards.  The switch switches Vcc, not ground,
duh... Sorry about that.

Connect U2-11 and U2-12 to either U2-4 or U2-8, take your output
from U2-13, and that oughta do it. :-)
Reply to
John Fields

That did it, but brings up another question. Prior to this change, the circuit almost always started in the correct state and would start cycling the pumps immediately. Now that I've made this change, so far, it always comes up as if S1 has been pressed and I have to wait for the ~30 minutes to lapse and then it starts up as normal. Is there a modification that will make it always come up correctly?

Thanks again, this is a great little circuit

Reply to
Wayne

--
I\'m surprised.  It should _always_ have come up in the paused
condition...