QBasic syntax error?

Well, I've only used 4 versions, Borland, Microsoft, HP, and Commodore. All of them support the basic DATA statement, and I never had trouble with comments. I have noticed that Borland runs about twice as fast as QB. Maybe QB is an 8 bit program, and Borland is 16 bit? I think Borland Turbo Basic is now called Power Basic?

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

yeah, I remeber seeing those features in 1988

and string functions that aren't functions, arbitrary size limits and other warts,

I haven't touched basic for about 5 years but last time i wanted to draw an oblique ellipse but it couldnt do that.

there's been three standards since 1980, and the developemnt to back those up,

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts