pump cut out

I have installed a water filter system in my house. There is an aerator pump that is 220 volt and is wired to the well pump. The aerator runs when the well pump runs. I also have a sprinkler system, and when the sprinkler system runs, the aerator pump runs but the "house" is not using water and the aerator pump needs to be kicked off. I bought a DPDT relay, Square D 8501kp that has a 120 volt coil. I want to wire the sprinkler system to the relay and wire the relay into the aerator pump to kick it out when the sprinkler is on. I have no idea how to wire this in and the diagram is no help from Square D. Any info. would be appreciated.

J.C.

Reply to
jc

Wire the relay coil in parallel with the motor (if it is a 120 volt device), or in parallel with the sprinkler's control relay coil, and a normally closed contact set from the relay (that will open when the coil is energized) is series with the aerator motor or its control relay.

Reply to
John Popelish

thanks,

I need to buy a relay with a 24V coil as the sprinkler is 24V.

J.C.

Reply to
jc