programming atmel chip

i need to program the at89c51ed2(atmel chip). i am using the usb-rs232 for this purpose. all my circuit connections are properly wired n everyhting recheked a thousand times. but still, the programming software that i use, in order to program the chip, gives me a 'connection time out' error. have tried all sorts of RESET dance that have been specified in the datasheet, but still no result.....wat could possibly be wrong...

i am using the max232n chipfor the rs232 connection to controller.....also tried flash magic programming software for the same purpose ...but it failed too....

pls help me out.......

Reply to
freeze

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Search for 'parallel port programmer'. Serial programmers and parallel programmers use the same 'bit bang' algorithm to shake the clock and data lines... just driven fron a different port. Maybe your usb port doesnt have good timing for bitbanging?

Reply to
BobG

================================ Search for 'parallel port programmer'. Serial programmers and parallel programmers use the same 'bit bang' algorithm to shake the clock and data lines... just driven fron a different port. Maybe your usb port doesnt have good timing for bitbanging? I could be right off the mark here, but serial and parallel port timing issues can be a problem with multitasking operating systems. There are special kernel mode drivers around though that effectively allow you to bypass the operating systems management layer. I've had to use one of these before on Win2k to avoid these timing problems. If that is the case, and you can't find one, I think I've still got the one I used here,, somewhere. Worked very well. Vince

Reply to
Vince Morgan