Programming a video controller

Hi, Iam working on a project that deals with programming a video controller to allow for overlaying text over the digital video signal. The display device used is a TFT LCD Prime View PD064VT4 digital display. I have never worked on programming the controllers. I am from computer science background. My first question is "Is a PLC same as video controller board?". I have seen some posts in this group which talk about programming PLCs using some ladder logic software. Can this software be used for programming any kind of controller board? Are there any other softwares available? I would probably use the SFD064VT4 ADV controller board to interface with the display board. Is there any specific software for this type of board? And what are the languages that can be used for such programming? Any help to this newbie is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Reply to
rakimon