Problem with power management circuit in Dell 2407 WFP Monitor

I have a Dell 2407 WFP Monitor. Lately it has been acting funny. Most of the time when turn on the PC the monitor comes out of stand-by and I get the Dell logo, then I see the Windows boot logo for a brief instant and the monitor turns off. If I press the power button it comes on for another brief second and then turns off again. Pressing the power button several more times (and holding it in, dont know if this really does anything) I can usually get it to stay on. This happens about 80% of the time when I turn it on after it has been off all night (I dont have the problem if I just shut down for a brief time).

The problem is definitely the monitor as I have confirmed this using several computers. I have tried setting the monitor back to factory defaults.

It looks like this may be "common" problem with this monitor as I see several similar posts on the net.

Wondering if anyone has run into this problem and if they have a solution.

Reply to
Jack B. Pollack

Never mind. I got Dell to replace it for free!

Reply to
Jack B. Pollack

Could be it needs a new lamp for the LCD screen.