Polaroid lcd tv ?

I asked this question 2 years ago and not having the talent to what was recommended I just purchased a new 32" lcd tv. It has none of the imputs and outputs that my Polaroid has. I am lost without the many features my Polaroid has. . . . .I took my Polaroid to the local TV repairman (very small town) and he called me up and said it worked fine. When I got to his shop it was connected to cable imput and was working perfectly. When I got it home it would still not work with HDMI imput. I have 2 satelite DVR's and neither of them has coaxial outputs. I don't have video cable. . . . So the question is...what is the subsystem for HDMI called? U-tun or U-con? Something on that order. I want to purchase one on internet auction and try to install it or have my tech do it. All my recorders and my DVD players now are useless since my new (Emerson) only has composite imput, and that does not seem to be working now...All it says is 'no signal' when I attempt to feed it with a VHS signal from my Sony 515 machine. . . .Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...in advance thanks to 1 & all. . .chas.

Reply to
chas