Please explain about UTP/FO

When I read about home automation in wikipedia. I found that the transmission medium for ethernet and IEEE1394 was UTP/FO, and I do not know what it is. Although I tried to google it, I can't find the actual meaning of it. Can anybody explain to me in simple terms what UPT/FO means?

Thank you Ko Ko

Reply to
Myauk

UTP is unshielded twisted pair. FO is fiber optics.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

UTP unscreened twisted pair FO fibre optic

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Myauk