Plastic capacitor for camera flash tube?

Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it. But I do have some Mylar caps of appropriate capacitance and voltage and in any case, given the vagueness of any practical application I have in mind at the moment, it's not worth the hassle and expense of international shipping. On top of that, they may just get seized by overzealous/corrupt customs people at my side.

My questions have been answered clearly and positively -

  1. Whether a film cap will dump its charge efficiently into a triggered xenon tube. I rather expected that it would, and it was nice to have it confirmed.
  2. How well the cap would stand up to the shock treatment: I didn't know what to expect about that. It's nice to know that it 's likely to take that kind of abuse in its stride.

Thanks to all who contributed to the thread.

Reply to
Dontspam

** Ever had your foot caught in a rat trap ?
** Nah, that happened billions of years ago.

WTF is this raving loon on about ??

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison