Picking an inductor

Hi all, silly question. (And I'll most likely just pick something before I get an answer.)

So just a simple LP filter for a power supply rail. (SMPS, at ~100-200 kHz.) manufacturer recommends ~10-47 uH (I picked 22 uH) and 22 uF.) max current is 500 mA.. typical current is ~100 mA. On to digikey. After putting in the inductance, current ratings (saturation) for 500mA to 2 A, and shielded, I'm left with

173 options.

My usual approach then is to sort them by amount of stock, and pick something in the top ten.

Which got me to this puppy,

Does that seem reasonable?

Reply to
George Herold

Depends on what B fields are flying around--it's unshielded, and so can transmit and receive. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

It's listed as "shielded". Which I guess means it's not as bad as an open ended coil. There is ~50-100 mV of ripple, so a little local pickup should be fine.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold