PIC32MX question

So I bought some PIC32MX150f128B micros, hooked one up to my PicKit 2, and lo and behold, they talked!

Only problem is, the loader software sees the chip as an 'MX320! Huh?!

I know (now) the pickit software doesn't support this chip yet. but has anyone heard whether it eventually will?

Someone posted this exact question on the Microchip forums, but so far no one has replied. Is anyone here familiar with this issue?

Reply to
Randy Day

Can't help you directly, but you might like to try your question on the embdev.net forums.

Reply to
Julian Grodzicky

I did eventually find the answer. Microchip has obsoleted the Pickit 2. It will continue to work with older device lines, but new controller types will not be supported. Basically, you have to buy a Pickit3 to use the newer products being introduced.

Reply to
Randy Day