Phone in use circuit not working

ringing.

device has answered the phone.

phone that it has been answered, because the voltage has gone down.

book are the same. I have also used a rectifier that is a 2 amp 400v SIP

2KBP04M-1.

results?

would like to get this circuit working. Can anyone tell me why its not working.

Rings

No problem. One of the diodes would be forward biased by the DC line current, so would have a dynamic impedance of a couple of ohms and no significant distortion.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

No. The DC line current dominates.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Oops - forgot about that, I was still in on-hook mode.

I put a hand traced schematic of all the discrete transistor circuitry from a phone, on ABSE over a month ago.

Reply to
Ian Field

I wanted to get back to the group as I was the original poster of this. It has certainly generated some discussion. Anyway I solved my problem.

In my first post I put up a link to the diagram that I was using for this c ircuit. One of the comments under the diagram said that I should use 3.3k R esistor for R2. Not the 33k that the diagram indicates. This comment was WR ONG. As soon as I put back the 33k into R2 things worked find.

In my weak defense I have found that diagrams are wrong sometimes and I hav e struggled for days trying to get something to work that in the end would never work because the diagram was wrong. I was standing on the shoulders o f the comment of another user and they were wrong. How they got it to work with the wrong R value I dont know. Unless it was a deliberate mistake. Thanks for all your comments they helped me acheive the goal of the finishe d project.

Reply to
steve

That's great. And does the green LED still light up at all?

I don't think it was malicious. The logic was simply that the right resistor to light up the green LED was 3.3k, just like the resistor for the red LED. But that's not quite right because the source voltage for the green LED is 48V, not the 10V source for the red LED.

Anyway, congratulations on getting it to work.

Reply to
Peabody

Yes the green LED does light up, although as you or someone mentioned its a little dimmer. Not as bright as the Red. No big deal.

thanks again.

Reply to
steve