PC oscilloscope for Linux

Thank you for the kind words about Daqarta. In the past, I've had users tell me that it runs OK under Wine, but I have never gotten into Linux myself.

As far as output boosting, you can use any audio power amp, from a single chip on up to a rack-mount monster. I have one client whose research required long-duration high-level band-limited noise exposures. I set her up with dual "1000 watt" pro-level amps. (Probably putting out more like 100 watts continuous here.)

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v5.10 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter Frequency Counter, FREE Signal Generator Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI DaqMusic - FREE MUSIC, Forever! (Some assembly required) Science (and fun!) with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

There's

which can be paired with any of their FPGA dev boards
Source is included for basic setup and data capture. Don't know how hard it would be to migrate it to Linux and gui-ize it.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Hi,

is there any PC Oscilloscope for which there exist Linux software under BSD or GPL or similar license?

Naturally if the hardware (FPGA) is documented at circuit level - even better - witch I doubt.

I am even open for self construction kits if they are well documented and working. They should use Xilinx FPGA though, for which there are free entry level tools.

Then I must say that Daqarta is very nice product. I have been playing with it now and I am going to order it by the end of March. Any users of it know what kind of circuit I could use for the output to have more current and voltage available, than the sound card can provide?

- op-amp ?

- transistor ?

I don't mind receiving direct mail.

Best Regards Kari

--
PIC - ARM - DISPLAYS - RELAYS - MODULES - CONVERTERS - I2C - SPI -
KEYPADS - ACCESSORIES