Paparazzi drones

I suspect that little more than a dish antenna and a spark plug is required to over-ride the radio control of these things. The use of these will piss off nearby TV users but not as much as a shotgun will piss off the police.

Comment please.

Reply to
Roger Dewhurst

Most have the RC at 2.4GHz. Lost of info on the internet for jammers, including coupling sparks to dipole resonators. I like the idea of shooting the drones out of the sky. If it lands on my property, it becomes mine.

Reply to
jfeng

It's fairly hypocritical for celebrities, who have publicists and do everything they can to be on the covers of magazines and such, to expect privacy when they want it.

And I doubt the dish+sparkplug thing would work, unless you can muscle around a 40-foot dish.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Fighter Drones? Seems you've found a niche market for 'security drones' Sell 'fighter drones' to monitor then take flight to intercept and remove these nuisances from our airspace!

I just envision all those high school students and their little fighting robots armed with saws, cannons, hammers, etc. the robots, not the students.

Reply to
RobertMacy

All the attacking drone would need is a net or a number of lines to drop and entangle the propellors of the drone.

Reply to
Roger Dewhurst

Well, at a maker fair here in Tulsa last week there was a man with a miniature drone. It was palm sized, so it might be hard to shoot down. Of course I don't think it had a camera, but adapting one from a cell phone shouldn't be a problem.

He was also having some problem controlling it. It was a little too sensitive for easy control.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill

If you go to eBay, you can get a "pen camera" or a "keychain camera" from C hina for less than US$10. The innards weigh much less than an ounce, they record HD movies w/sound onto a micro-SD card, and thery claim that it will run for 2 hours when fully charged.

Reply to
jfeng

YES! all you need is to drag a fine line around above helios and in front of planes. Look like a 'man-of-war' dangling ou there.

Or, how about launch a net with weighted tendrils that goes to an altitude and then spins 'open' to ensnare?

However, the simpler more fun type would be a tiny, but fast, drone dragging a dangly line behind it.

At least with a 'net' you can bring back to your own property and make claim to the wreckage.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Microwave oven magnetron.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

How do you direct the beam safely?

Reply to
Roger Dewhurst

Just burn that sucker out of the sky.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Doesn't take long to fry the drone's receiver.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs