[OT:] What's your news reader do with this or that?

Followups to SEB, please.

When you reply to a x-posted article, does your reader warn you that you're x-posting?

When you reply to this, do you get a warning that a followup flag was set?

Does your reader automatically honor the followup flag, i.e., only set the groups line to that followup group?

What's your reader?

Do you give a damn? ;)

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Yep. Asks me if I want to allow them all or just to the group I'm currently viewing.

Nope. It just puts me there.

Yes.

Forte Agent.

I might.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Only if I forget to set followup.

No.

Yes..

Pan, the only news client I know of to pass all GNKSA guidelines.

Frankly, my dear, yes :-)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Yes.

No. Only one newsgroup was shown.

Agent v1.93

Not really, although I do get irritated by those who clamor over cross-posting. Good news-readers, such as Agent, only show one instance of a cross-post. Why is it some people want to use archaic tools and then bitch like it's my problem that their tools don't stand up (:-) to the challenge?

...Jim Thompson

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:30:17 -0500, Active8 wroth:

Screw you. I'll post whatever I want wherever I want.

I don't give a damn. My pipe tobacco gives me a warning that the state of California had determined that smoking it will produce birth defects. I still smoke it. Besides, if I get pregnant, I've got bigger problems than birth defects.

I don't give a damn. What's a followup flag?

I don't give a damn. My reader doesn't bother me and I don't try to second guess or micro manage it.

Read the header information and figure it out for yourself.

Obviously not.

Jim

Reply to
James Meyer

The followup flag should have been set by the poster you're replying to.

What about when you click send? My fault, wrong original question.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

I hope you're not referring to me and I'm not bitching about you. Mine has crosspost management settings (mark it read, don't retrive, etc.) and I can turn off the warnings. I was just wondering what other people's clients did. I leave the warnings on to remind me not to reply to, for instance Rich, and have it end up in the wicca or witchcraft groups. No need dragging any replies from those people back here :) No. I'm not afraid of witches. I don't imagine you want me inviting them here, either.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

No

No

Yes.

Mozilla News

Not really, but I guess I should. Or atleast should bugreport it.

--
Rikard Bosnjakovic                         http://bos.hack.org/cv/

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to my address will be
charged $250 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting
Rikard Bosnjakovic

Pan, and it's only posting to s.e.b.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

thus "f grammar" I should start *speaking* in pedant mode. Maybe that will keep the neanderthals away.

Thanks. I missed that the first time. And no cygwin needed! I'm going to give cygwin another try, though.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

I think you'll find I'm now the same as Rich, 0.14.2.91. I built a new one at the weekend. There's been a different tag line for each version for some time. The last but one was "This isn't a psychotic episode, it's a cleansing moment of clarity". There is a Windows build out there, take a look at

Oh, yes, Pan will recognize oddball quote characters, optionally mutes quoted text, and drops signatures from quoted messages.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Interestingly, Pan seems to have no facility to post with attachments. Whenever I want to post a binary to a.b.s.e, I have to use knode. Which is an OK newsreader, too, but there's just something about Pan. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yikes! Pan for winders is a devil worshipper! It ignores my default browser setting and opens IE for a link, thereby reinstalling the Alexis spyware.

Must release judgements. I am not bad for having evil stuff like IE on my winders box. It's ok to feel that MS is evil and Pan knows not what it does. What am I forgetting here, Rich? Other than a big pot of coffee and a collection plate ;)

Maybe I'll get lucky and by having ZoneAlarm deny access and gaffing IE, it didn't have a chance to do the dirty deed.

Whew! Safe and clean. I could feel the flames licking at my sockets.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

I use Sylphheed-Claws (which I use anyway as my main mail client) for posting binaries. It's not a bad news client, but won't let you download all bodies in a group at one go (at least I've not found a way of doing it). It handles MIME headers properly, so you don't get the usual thing of pdfs showing up in Pan as text if you post them using Sylpheed. It's about the best mail client I've ever used.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Hahahahaha! Try Edit>Preferences>Apps & Mail>Web Browser.

Whoever built your Pan must have a wry sense of humor to make IE the default browser :-(

I've never use Pan on Windoze, mainly because I don't have Windoze.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Ok.

Same prob trying to get Cygwin to install the missing dll cygintl-3.dll. Rea the faqs. Might post to the list. I'm not holding my breath.

I've used Linux and Free BSD for file servers and they work great. I just need to get a new version of Mandrake and another box. My old Redhat is just to buggy (?) and slow on the old 450 MHz box I used. I don't want to post re the Samba / XP problem(s) while I'm using such an old version.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Try "Edit/Preferences/Apps&Mail" and put in the name of the browser you want in the textbox labeled: "Web Browser (%s is URL)". :-)

HTH! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I took "f grammar" as an invitation to tease :-)

Bite the bullet. Get into Linux. You'll tear your hair for about six months, then things will suddenly drop into place, and you'll wonder how you ever managed without it.

I dumped Windoze totally back in 2000.