OT: Water Pipe Insulation

I see that, as usual, you're flummoxed by the science part of the discussion so you revert, in the only way you can, to your trailer-trash upbringing and scatter-gun approach of insult for vindication of your interminably lackluster life.

By the way, It's not "competeing", it's "competing".

John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

but at 35F ambient and 1ATM, water at 32F may.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

Self-adhesive foam pipe insulation is all you need for night time resistance. Heat from underground will conduct and convect into the exposed pipe. Put aluminum duct tape on top if it faces the sky.

As for CA -

I was just in the Sierras last weekend. The last big rains were warm so waterfalls and rivers were gushing while there's little snow. I skipped Yosemite because it's all rock and brown grass. Shasta and Lassen were covered with a thin layer of snow that has been preserved by consistently cold weather. Lassen National Park could be snowplowed and open if it was staffed this time of year.

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.

--
That has nothing to do with the proposition that water at 35F in an
ambient temp of 35F and under 1 atmosphere of pressure won't freeze,

nothing is going to make water freeze at 35F

Windchil only effect hotter (or wetter) objects than the wind.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

As usual, you're lying. No insult. You *are* a one-trick pony.

And your typing is so perfect that you just have to rag on other's, Wannabe.

Reply to
krw

Jason is trying to compete with krw, Bloggs and DecadentLinuxUser- NumeroUno for title of Most Obnoxious Village Idiot of 2014 >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Nah, You and Slowman already have the award wrapped up.

Reply to
krw

--
All I see behind your eyes is a paucity of technical acumen and,
behind your keyboard, borderline literacy with a penchant for

Then there's krw... cunnilingist ...Jim Thompson

Pretty stiff competition; I don't think he'll be able to pull it
off... ;)

BTW, how do you like your new home?

Did you downsize? We did about six years ago and it was one of the
best moves we ever made.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

[snip]

Like the new home a lot. Plus, with all the new energy gimmicks, our energy costs are running 1/4 to 1/3 of that of the old house.

Yep, it's downsized, 2524 sq.ft. versus 3650 sq.ft. (single-level in both cases... necessary due to the wife's back and leg problems... old age is such a drag ;-)

Our main issues have been buying new furniture, also quite a change of scale; and where to display our large collection of art works.

Of course we're now in the boonies (which I like) but the wife is annoyed that Nordstrom and AJ's are now 20 miles away... which _I_ like ;-) ...Jim Thompson

The little ankle-biter is loose again.

You wrong again, of course. You ragged on my spelling, therefore the possessive singular. What a putz!

Reply to
krw

Why don't you just killfile me again, Slowman Jr.? It was much nicer when you had.

Reply to
krw

--
I doubt whether there's any "cunni" in that equation. :-)
Reply to

--- Of course it was, since you could run your mouth with impunity.

Edmund Burke put it quite succinctly with: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

In Agent, quite simple...

Delete Author: {krw\@}

Leave krw pissing into the wind. ...Jim Thompson

Yes, but as soon as we get that leash on you it'll get better.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Later, maybe...

Right now I think I'll play the wind until he's soaked through.
Reply to
John Fields

And you think (impossible) either of you two losers stop me?

At least you know that you're evil for you've never done anything, Wannabe.

Reply to
krw