OT: Today

Today is Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day)

"We will remember those who were murdered, we will guarantee life.

Sadly that is a lesson President Obama and his anti-Israel regime will never understand." ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

WTF guy? Why do you have to trash these groups with your political crap? Jeeze. Can't you find anything more interesting to do than hating people?

--

Rick
Reply to

Could we also talk about the Nanjing Massacre in China? :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

It's also just past the 100th anniversary of the Armenian genocide.

China doesn't need help defending itself against Japan these days, though.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Isn't Israel's military force also very powerful in the Middle East area?

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

They're outnumbered very roughly 30 to 1 by their enemies, former enemies, and potential enemies. China has what, eight times the population of Japan?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

--
About 10 times.
Reply to

--
Of course we can, and the loss of about 300000 non-combatant random
Chinese, out of a very large population and at the hands of the
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

Nothing! Just wanna say WWII war-time atrocities can be everywhere.

--
   @~@   Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Why not a remembrance day for the original population since 1500 in both Americas and since 1800 in Australia ?

Reply to
upsidedown

Getting dragged into another war so Netanyahu can get re-elected makes sense to you?

Fuck Israel.

Reply to
default

Well, sure! Why not just screw over our most reliable ally in an unstable region that affects so many of our vital interests? And the one society there that shares our basic values?

We've abandoned Ukraine, despite our having guaranteed its borders in exchange for its giving up its (many) nukes.

We've appeased Iran, despite holding all the marbles.

As long as it's okay with us that everybody knows America is a faithless ally whose word cannot be trusted, that is.

Great way to wind up behind the 8-ball, if that's how you roll.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Pansies like "default" hide behind anonymity to conceal their cowardice. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I wonder what IBM thinks of that!

Pomegranate Bastard

Guys I went to school with and knew died on the Liberty. Israel is no ones "ally."

Reply to
default

Israel is a modern, peaceful, tolerant democracy. Israel is majority Jewish but tolerates Christians, Muslims, and anything else. Muslims are citizens with full rights, and vote, and hold public office.

How many Muslim-majority countries tolerate Jews and Christians? How many grant women full legal rights? How many other democracies are there in that region?

Israel is our natural ally, and will be again in about two years.

 Click to see the full signature

Technically, Iran does. (Read your world governments!) Of course, the religious direction makes the practicalities more than a bit different...

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

"Mehmed II allowed his subjects a considerable degree of religious freedom, provided they were obedient to his rule. After his conquest of Bosnia in 1463 he issued a firman to the Bosnian Franciscans, granting them freedom to move freely within the Empire, offer worship in their churches and monasteries, and to practice their religion free from official and unofficial persecution, insult or disturbance.[70][71] His standing army was recruited from the Devshirme, a group that took first-born Christian subjects at a young age and destined them for the sultan's court. The less able, but physically strong, were instead put into the army or the sultan's personal guard, the Janissaries."

Same religion in theory...

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

It is an indication of his wisdoma and intelligence that he believes this is relevant to the dicusiion of electronics.

Also, he obviouslty lacks the courage and ability to engage in any of the politcal fora, whether or not they agree with him.

Experimentally, the data and evidence say "No"!

Reply to
jfeng

I'm sorry about your pals. Friendly-fire deaths are especially hard to take. If everybody who died from friendly fire caused the loss of an ally, though, we'd all be at war with everyone, because our guys have done it too. It just goes with the territory.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs